Clifton Surgery Center
Surgery Center located in Clifton, NJ
When you need orthopedic surgery to repair bones and soft tissues, relieve pain, and heal your injury or disease, you can count on the experts at Clifton Surgery Center. They specialize in outpatient orthopedic surgery, often using minimally invasive procedures to promote quicker recovery and leave minimal scarring. To learn more about the conditions they treat or to schedule an appointment call the office in Clifton, New Jersey.
Orthopedic Surgery Q & A
What conditions can orthopedic surgery treat?
Orthopedic surgery repairs damaged bones, joints, and soft tissues such as muscles, ligaments, and tendons. Many types of injuries and diseases may need surgery to relieve pain, ensure proper healing, and restore optimal functioning.
These are a few examples of orthopedic conditions that may be treated in the same-day surgery center:
- Spine disorders
- Fractured bones and trauma
- Joint dislocation or degeneration
- Ruptured ligaments and tendons
- Torn muscles and tendons
- Damaged or compressed nerves
What are the different types of orthopedic surgery?
Clifton Surgery Center is a state-of-the-art facility that’s equipped to treat a wide range of orthopedic conditions. Some of the most common surgical techniques used to treat musculoskeletal conditions include:
- Soft tissue repair and debridement: removal of damaged tissues and mending soft tissues
- Bone fusion: bone grafts and internal devices are used to fuse two bones into a single, solid bone
- Open reduction: place broken bones into proper alignment
- Internal fixation: broken bones are held in place using screws, pins, and plates
- Joint replacement: damaged joints are removed and wholly or partially replaced with an artificial joint
- Osteotomy: surgery to cut and reshape a bone
- ACL Repairs
- Rotator Cuff Repairs
- Knee Arthroscopy
What are the benefits of minimally invasive surgery?
Many surgical procedures that were once done using one long incision are now performed using only a few small incisions with cutting-edge technology.
The experts at Clifton Surgery Center are skilled in many types of minimally invasive surgeries, including arthroscopy and endoscopy.
Arthroscopy is a procedure to diagnose and treat joint conditions. While endoscopy is traditionally used for diagnosing and treating problems in your gastrointestinal tract, but your surgeon can also use endoscopy to perform minimally invasive surgery on your spine. Both surgical tools, the arthroscope, and endoscope are long, thin tubes that hold a fiber-optic light and a small camera that sends magnified 3D images to a monitor.
During minimally invasive procedures, two small incisions are made, one for the scope and the other for specialized surgical tools that are also contained in narrow tubes.
Minimally invasive surgery offers benefits such as:
- Little to no muscle damage
- Quicker recovery
- Less post-surgical pain
- Minimal scarring
When you need orthopedic surgery, you can count on the experienced team at Clifton Surgery Center. If you have questions or would like to schedule an appointment, call the office.